Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lump on a log

The past two weeks have been glorious if you just like to relax and do absolutely nothing. Hell, I didn't even feel like blogging when I had all the time in the world. My business was closed early on both "eves" and I had to only work one, plus we were also closed the Friday after each holiday. So my total commitments in the past 2 weeks?

4.5 days of work
holiday stuff like visit relatives
prepare and host a new year's eve party

Other than that, I slept a lot and I mean a lot. I would end up sitting in the easy chair watching TV and the next thing I knew was that I had napped for an hour. I think I may have missed only one day where I didn't nap. I don't think we realize how much we deprive ourselves of sleep during the regular routine of going to work.

I also had the pleasure of going to AC for a day and playing some poker with my friend, Dave. I only won a small amount but he really did well and made almost 400 bucks. I admit I had some jealousy that the cards were hitting him so well but overall I was happy for him and enjoyed myself nonetheless.

Tomorrow the party is over. Kids go back to school, I go back to work and the regular hum drum routine. It was a much needed rest and I'm not regretful that I didn't make better use of my time. I'm well rested and raring to go. Perhaps it'll be a slow start tomorrow morning but I have a new year and a renewed battery.

No comments: