Monday, April 28, 2008

An open letter to Lynn

Early Wednesday morning my wife and I are boarding a plane to San Francisco where we'll spend a blissful week without the kids drinking lots of wine and eating good food and having lots of sexy time. We're doing this because it's our 10th anniversary this coming Saturday. Milestone anniversaries don't come very often, so we're splurging and treating ourselves to nice hotels and restaurants. As a result of this trip, I won't be posting on this blog for over a week. (sorry Mike)

I do wish to express myself when it comes to how I feel about my wife before I leave. While I won't be incredibly sappy about it I do think those who wish to think of me as a manly man should leave the room.


Lynn,

Sweetie, I am a selfish man and I don't deserve to be loved and cared for by the likes of someone as yourself. Every morning in the shower I mutter to myself about things that will happen that day or things that have happened the day before. It's just how my mind operates and it's how I reset myself every day to get ready for the world. Ever since I have been with you I have muttered the phrase "I love Lynn/my wife" to myself at the beginning of everyday. I don't think I ever missed a day. While a barely audible mumble isn't really a good way of letting you how much I appreciate you, I do realize just how lucky I am to have you as my wife, partner, lover, friend and mother of my children.

Professions of love are often cliche or are over the top and tend to lack the needed punch of being able to truthfully express one's true feeling. Yet we keep trying anyways. I have no God to thank for you, I have only you to thank, so I'll repeat myself ad nauseum if it'll alleviate the guilt of having someone like you when I know many others don't have it this good. I love you, Lynn You get me. You compliment me. You fortify my weaknesses. You understand my humor, my sensibilities, my outlook and my needs. You still rock my world sexually. I honestly can say that you satisfy every desire and urge that I have even if that means that you allow me the space at times to go out and indulge myself. (ie. take care of the kids while I play poker)

I pledge again this week as I did 10 years ago to give you my heart. I will refocus to make you as happy as you have made me. I want you to know just how much I love you and I know I haven't demonstrated it enough. I find myself trying to refrain from sounding too corny as I wrtie this and I don't want to use hyperbole to take away from the driving impetus I have to tell you that I love you so very much. I will leave it at that and hope that you will continue to love me as you have for the past 12-13 years.

Sweetie, I look forward to our celebration of 10 years this week. I am so glad that the future is still long and bright as it was on our wedding day.

Love,

Brian

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could post updates from the field or something. I mean, what am I supposed to read while you're away?

Brian said...

You want lurid details from the field? Perv...

Anonymous said...

The Lynn letter? Nice. The birthday whining? Pathetic- KITN for you, except the Lynn letter saved your wussy butt.

And where the hell is the tourney report?

Enjoy the weekend. Unlike major otis, I'll skip the updates.
LL