What's happened to me so far:
- 90 minute flight delay, including an hour of waiting on the runway, so I couldn't even get out of my seat to stretch or pee.
- Forgot to charge my mp3 player, so it died before takeoff.
- Guy sitting next to me had bad breath.
- Woman in front of me audibly and aromatically farted 3 times.
- Baggage was lost, it was found, but I had to wait an extra half hour.
- Hotel sticks me at furthest corner away from the entrance (big hotel too).
- When I finally get to my room, there's an annoying high pitched whirring noise emanating from the industrial heater fans right outside and below my door, I call to get room switched, and had to hike up to the front and then they stick me at opposite furthest away corner.
- Front desk calls me up to say the credit card is declined. I have to go up front desk again and it turns out that American Express wanted them to see my ID to confirm. WTF?! I presented ID at the time of check in!
- This morning I go to shave and notice my razor broke during transport.
- I get to the convention hall to set up my booth and there's no carpeting or furniture that we ordered. I go to see what happened and they claim that they never received order and tried to charge extra for late order- I was fortunate enough to have the actual fax with date and time to argue and get price reduced.
- I go to breakfast while the furniture is set up and come back and they get the order completely wrong!
- I got a huge splinter from our crate that we use to ship the show materials.
- Cheap razor I bought gave me 4 nicks and I now have little toilet paper pieces all over my face.
- I'm in Nashville.
The yoga guy in the booth across from me noticed my stress levels rising and tried to get me to "breathe"- I told him to go fuck himself since he's probably God damned flexible enough to do it for real.
Okay, so that last part was just fantasy, but I really came close to saying it.