Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's the little things that matter...

Every time you travel, whether it's business or pleasure, you run into little snags every now and again. Usually, you don't let small nuisances stress you out as you've come to expect a little inconvenience when you travel. BUT WHEN EVERY SMALL NAGGING NUISANCE POSSIBLE HAPPENS YOU START TO GET A LITTLE ANNOYED!

What's happened to me so far:

  • 90 minute flight delay, including an hour of waiting on the runway, so I couldn't even get out of my seat to stretch or pee.
  • Forgot to charge my mp3 player, so it died before takeoff.
  • Guy sitting next to me had bad breath.
  • Woman in front of me audibly and aromatically farted 3 times.
  • Baggage was lost, it was found, but I had to wait an extra half hour.
  • Hotel sticks me at furthest corner away from the entrance (big hotel too).
  • When I finally get to my room, there's an annoying high pitched whirring noise emanating from the industrial heater fans right outside and below my door, I call to get room switched, and had to hike up to the front and then they stick me at opposite furthest away corner.
  • Front desk calls me up to say the credit card is declined. I have to go up front desk again and it turns out that American Express wanted them to see my ID to confirm. WTF?! I presented ID at the time of check in!
  • This morning I go to shave and notice my razor broke during transport.
  • I get to the convention hall to set up my booth and there's no carpeting or furniture that we ordered. I go to see what happened and they claim that they never received order and tried to charge extra for late order- I was fortunate enough to have the actual fax with date and time to argue and get price reduced.
  • I go to breakfast while the furniture is set up and come back and they get the order completely wrong!
  • I got a huge splinter from our crate that we use to ship the show materials.
  • Cheap razor I bought gave me 4 nicks and I now have little toilet paper pieces all over my face.
  • I'm in Nashville.
AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! What's fucking next?!!!

The yoga guy in the booth across from me noticed my stress levels rising and tried to get me to "breathe"- I told him to go fuck himself since he's probably God damned flexible enough to do it for real.

Okay, so that last part was just fantasy, but I really came close to saying it.

3 comments:

Mr. Odney said...

Aren't you staying at Opryland? The descent into hell has begun

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. After getting back from playing poker at a bar the other night (which consisted of horrible players catching two-out and/or runner-runner miracles), I turn on the TV to relax. Not more than two minutes into Conan does it go into that screeching test-screen they have (it's like "Emergency Alert System" or something) and that lasts about two minutes.

So, I'm like, "OK, that's annoying but I didn't miss much." But it happened again. And again. And again. Four times in a span of about 15 minutes, they did that emergency alert system.

I decide to get on the computer and look up some Phillies news and rumors, but no, my Internet (Comcast cable, unfortunately) decides that it's not fast enough during low-bandwidth hours (like 1:30 AM) to load any websites within 5 minutes.

Plan Z is to read a book and fall asleep, so I go grab my book, and somehow, my page marker fell out and I have no idea where I left off.

And I woke up the next morning to no available hot water for a shower. And I needed to put gas in my car, so I went to fill it up at about 8 AM. Not 8 hours before, it was something like $2.93/gallon at Wawa, now it's a couple cents higher.

I went to Wendy's for lunch specifically to get a chocolate frosty and they were all out of chocolate frosties, so I got a vanilla one. And it was terrible.

The next morning, I go out to my car and notice my and my neighbor's trash cans had tipped over, presumably because of the wind. I go to pick up his trash can and the bag drops out. Apparently, he doesn't even attempt to tie his bags, because the stuff spilled out on the ground, some of it on me.

Haha... life sucks some times doesn't it?

Brian said...

Yes mr. odney I am at Opryland

YEEEHAWW!!

But Im not at the Gaylord , Im cross the street at the Radisson and have to take a shuttle back and forth. Email me which restaurants are worth my time at the Gaylord please.