Friday, September 5, 2008

The weekend of last hope

The Phillies went into this week only a game out of first with the Mets playing the strong Brewers and the Phils playing the hapless Nats. It didn't quite go as planned as the Phils went 1-2 and the Mets went 3-0. Making it a 3 game lead for the Mets. The last shining ray of hope is that we get play them for 3 games this weekend.

Mano e mano (Nine-o e Nine-o?)

If we can manage a sweep or even pick up a game by winning 2 of 3 then I'll send in my playoff invoice this coming week. If they lose the first 2, well, then at least it's football season! The Iggles play the Rams in the home opener. Quite frankly, I just don't know what to expect. I hear that they could be good this year, but you hear that every year and while they do contend almost every year, I'd really like to see a real strong team that makes the Superbowl.

Dammit- is that too much to ask- a friggin' championship?

It's been too goddamned long and I'm sick of it. I couldn't give a rat's ass that the stupid Soul won a title. I want a Superbowl ring or a World Series ring and I want it this year.

In the words of the esteemed Tim Gunn, "Make it work!"

No comments: