Wednesday, January 9, 2008

How did I ever live without that?!

It's been a busy week at work so far. Lots of packages shipping out, stuff coming in that needs organization. In other words Brian has to get off his fat ass and do some tedious manual labor.

The good news is that my new MP3 player has made this almost a pleasant experience to go out and do some work while I'm groovin' to some tunes. There are some really cool features that I enjoy. The best of which is the shuffle button. I'm able to have my player randomly choose from 665 songs that I like and have uploaded to the player. What's cool about that is that I'm listening to songs I haven't even thought about listening to in a long time or would consider seeking out.

The summer between my sophomore and junior years of high school I spent alot of time listening to Paul Simon's Graceland album over and over again. I haven't listened to that album in years, but since I uploaded it to my MP3 player I can now enjoy "I Know What I Know" all over again. It's true That I could've done this without a MP3 player but the ease of use is what created the new desire.

It's yet another technological advance in my life that makes me wonder how I ever got along without it before. The internet is a huge example of this. Just the other day, Comedy Central was playing the movie "Drop Dead Gorgeous" and one of the other actresses playing a nerdy beauty contestant looked familiar to me and for the life of me I couldn't remember what the heck her name was or what else she starred in. BUT because of the internet I hopped onto imdb.com and found out it was Brittany Murphy. (When in the hell did she suddenly become so hot? Turns out that she was in a bunch of movies as a nerd or plain friend like "Clueless".) Before the days of the world wide webs, I might've lost alot of sleep wondering who the fuck that actress was. If it really bothered me, I'd have to go look it up in a book IF I had it or go to the library- in either case that's too much work and the inconvenience inhibits me to do it.

So Thank You Al Gore and your wonderful information highway. I don't know what I'd do without you.

No comments: