Friday, January 18, 2008

Senuous Census

Have I had enough intimate partners?

I haven't had more than 1 in the last 14 years and so far I've been content with that.

I suppose I've had "enough" in the past to know what I want and how I want it. No real regrets in who I've slept with or that I could've possibly slept with more if I gave it more effort. Ultimately, the fact that I've found a great partner in my wife makes me a big winner, despite any tallies. Some people don't even get to achieve that and doomed themselves into sexless marriages.

Yet, why do I feel inadequate when someone tells me that they've had X more partners than me? It's not like I'm going to go out and fuck anybody I can just so I hit some quota. It's too much work to get what you want and how you want it (and you put aside the fact that I love my wife and would never cheat on her.).

I guess it's my competitive nature and in some innate way I place value on the ability to score. Kinda sad, but we're animals deep down.

So, I've decided I'm going to lie from now on and say that I've had sex with 10,000 people. That way only Wilt Chamberlain could claim more than me. Who cares if people think I'm a liar? I'll be balla to those who choose to believe me.

No comments: